Friday, August 27, 2010

STAFF EXCITEMENT!!!

We have a new microwave!!!!! OK, there's a story to this. You see, we have a little, old microwave in the work room that, according to the label inside, was manufactured in 2000.
The wattage is low and it took forever to heat anything. Popcorn was never completely popped. Orville Reddenbacker would have been furious.
We have been needing a new one forever but I just never remembered when I was shopping. Not only was the wattage low, the door had one of those buttons that you had to push to pop the door open. Inevitably, we would have a plate of something in our hands and that button would not work. Lately, it just decided not to work at all.
So...while the IT tech was here setting up my new computer (which is why I felt guilty and got a microwave), I ran out to get some supplies. And there was this microwave, just sitting there. Waiting to come home with me.
So, I brought it in and Beth was so excited, she yells, "You got a new microwave!!!" really loud. And we have a building full of clients. I am pretty sure she scared a couple of them.
Jim is setting it up and we should very soon be passing out popcorn to everyone.

No comments: