Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring is finally here!


You have to LOVE this weather. I did some landscaping this weekend and actually sunburned my nose! There is something really great about that first sunburn of the season (as long as it is not a bad burn). The way your nose feels crinkly when you press on it and you just feel like you have that healthy, outdoorish color. I was looking pretty pasty lately and now I look less like the walking dead.

And, COLOR! Green grass. The daffodils are blooming. My maples have buds that are the most gorgeous red. The magnolia tree is all budded up and ready to bloom. I can’t wait!

Now I realize that there will still be cold days and my grandma always said there would be 3 snows after the forsythia blooms, but I am the eternal optimist. This weather has given me a taste of warmth and the hope of summer to come. I will take all of these days I can get!
So, for now, you can find me in the garden. My nose will be sun burnt, I will wear my worn out, totally comfortable gardening clothes, I will have dirt under my nails, and I will love every minute of it!!!

No comments: